Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy First Birthday, Holden Lee!



















We had Holden's family party on the night of his birthday. His theme was trains, so Madeline and I made him a cupcake train. They turned out really cute and as you can see, Holden enjoyed them a lot! He really got into it and the more the girls giggled loudly the more of a show he put on. I'm not sure he really ate his cupcakes (yes he got two). It seemed to me that I cleaned a lot of cupcake off the floor! We love this little guy and are so blessed to have him in our family!

It is just so hard to believe that a year ago I was at the U just bringing him into this world. The year has flown by and now he is turning into a boy. He has six teeth, he walks, says dada, mama, hi, and bye. He tells us what he wants with his point and an uh-uh and even shows us he is one! He is loved immensely by his big sisters and has a special and unique bond with each of them. He is daddy's boy and loves to go get the mail every night when Denny comes home. I take credit for getting him to laugh the hardest and for getting the most kisses and love from him. He loves to read books, but he loves, loves, loves balls. This boy has a ball in his hand or near him at all times. He already tries to climb wherever he can and is not easily convinced of the word no. Going outside is his favorite part of the day and he is definitely cautious of people he doesn't know. This little man is definitely a perfect gift from God that we never imagined would be! We love you Holden and can't wait for many more years of excitement and fun! Happy First Birthday!

No comments: