Wednesday, August 31, 2011

First Day of First Grade







Madeline had her first day of first grade on Monday and she loved it. It was my hardest first day ever, but she had a great first day and loves it! She looked so grown up as she headed to school in
her outfit that she picked out all by herself. We always try to make the first day really special by allowing her to choose a new outfit to wear and all her meals for the day. She ordered pancakes for breakfast, macaroni with hamburger, peas, and strawberries for lunch, mini ice cream cone cupcakes for snack, and ham with sweet potatoes and broccoli for dinner. I spent the morning crying but my little ones helped me get through. Caroline said to me, "No tears, Mommy! God made us to grow. I promise!" Talk about the perfect words. Holden wiped my eyes and looked at me worried so I decided I better suck it up! We are very happy to have a kiddo that loves school sooo much. She just can't wait for the homework to kick in! I love it and each day is getting easier for me!

No comments: