Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Storytime

Madeline the Librarian
Counting our animals - 1, 2, 3...

Our friends


I decided not to go to storytime at the library today as it was cold and I'm trying to get Caroline to nap on her own and at the same time every day. I suggested we could have our own storytime, but I didn't realize it would have to be like the real storytime. Madeline wanted me to draw flannel board pictures for Brown Bear, Brown Bear and The Very Shy Kitten, so she could be the librarian and tell the story. It took all morning for us to get ready, but we finally had storytime with all our friends (babies and animals). Each one got to put something on the flannel board while she read the stories. The best part was the huge wad of gum she had in her mouth while she was reading. We even had book checkout at the end. These are the moments that make being home so wonderful!

No comments: