Farm Girls & Papa

We share a small herd of cattle with Denny's parents at their farm just south of Des Moines. One of the most exciting times of our year is when the baby cows (or as I have learned calves) begin to be born. Denny's dad is so great. He calls every time a new one is born and asks to speak with the "boss", Madeline. He gives her the report of whether it is a girl or a boy and then she names them. One of both of the girls favorite things to do with Daddy is to go and visit the babies. This was their first visit of the year. I believe this is our first or second calf (either Biscuit or Sophia). Caroline will wake up on these days and say, "I go see Nana, and Papa, and cows and Biscuit!" You should hear her talk about Papa and the cows! Although this is not something that is really in my element, I have to say it is such a great joy to see my girls experience the farm!

No comments:
Post a Comment