doll while you use the restroom. This made quite an impression on Madeline!











Soooooo tired!


She got herself and Kaylee ready to go home!
Madeline had been asking for an American Girl Doll and our first reaction was no way! After we realized how much she had been saving we started to consider. We finally decided this was a great year to do it for her 7th birthday and was it ever worth it! She and I took our first Mommy and Madeline overnight trip and went to Chicago. It was such a special time and we made so many memories. Between spending literally all day at the AG store and a night in a hotel, we really did have a blast! Madeline was very quick to pick her doll as she had been researching it for a long time online. She had Kaylee very quickly, but the rest of the day was about getting the extras! For a child who loves detail this is the perfect store! Madeline especially loved all the accessories. She knew what I was going to pay for and she knew the rest was her responsibility. She was very careful not to waste her money! We had to sit down and make piles of love, like, and wait! I love this kid! I wish I were more like her! LOL! The only bad thing was having my small camera (which I had been using all day) stolen at Build-a-Bear. I was soooo bummed because it not only had the trip, but her our birthday celebration from the night before on it. This is when Madeline's true colors came through. She was so angry at the injustice of the situation, but she was also in problem-solving mode. She decided we should head back to AG and retake as many pictures as possible. It was also a great teaching about God moment. Forgiveness is a hard thing when we feel so betrayed. This situation reminded us how hard it would have been to be Jesus and be innocent yet take the fall for all our sins. The cutest thing Madeline said was, "I don't think I have sinned today!" So cute and it was a great learning experience for me as well. The only thing we could not really recreate was our special luncheon at the cafe. They would not let us back into the room. It was so great because we were in a private room with only two other tables of grandmas, moms, and daughters. My favorite part of the whole thing was how she wanted to change her clothes back into her original outfit so it was like the realy thing. I can't believe my first baby turned 7, but we definitely made a memory neither of us will forget. It was also a great time to chat and reconnect. Madeline is our only child so far that seems to have "qualtiy time" as her love language so time together is so important and I feel very blessed to have been able to do this with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment